WHAT IS IT?
RPIAlert is an urgent mass notification system by which the Institute can notify campus constituents of an active, major campus emergency. The system Includes:
- Text messages (SMS) to cell phones
- Voice messages to phones
- Email messages to designated addresses
WHEN IS IT USED?
Examples of when the RPIAlert system will be used include:
- Hazardous material spill/exposure impacting a significant portion of campus
- Severe weather such as a tornado reported to be approaching the campus
- An active shooter or other reported immediate life-safety threat on campus